Before you debate about having an app for your startup, consider these stats:
• The total number of mobile app downloads in 2017 – 197 billion (Source: Statista)
• The time spent per user with digital media on mobile in the US daily in 2017 – 2.3 hours (Source: comScore)
• Number of mobile app downloads worldwide – 2016, 2017, 2021, respectively: 149.3bn, 197 bn, and 352.9bn (Source: Statista)
• Mobile app revenues in 2015, 2016, 2020, respectively: $69.7bn, $88.3bn, $188.9bn (Source: Statista)
Have these numbers speak for themselves? Mobile apps are the present and future trendsetters of the ways a business must be run. Traditional marketing and buying channels are blurring and newer ones are coming up, with mobiles or smartphones, as they are called, ruling the roost.
Here are top three reasons why your business should have a mobile app:
1. Customer engagement in real-time: Gone are the days when a customer has to wait for a web page to load. With an app, you can send updates and engage with your customers in real-time. And a recent research proves that 93% of people tend to make a purchase after browsing on their mobiles.
2. Effective promo tool: Just maintaining a well-designed, responsive website isn’t enough these days. As you must’ve seen from the above stats, most of the consumers are going mobile and apps are a great way to promote your brand.
3. Customer tracking: Just like websites, you can track your users’ activity on apps, but in a much better way. Depending on the customer’s browsing patterns, you can customize your product offerings or push your latest offerings, discounts or promotions.
Get help from the experts
Over the past 11 years, we have built 500+ apps, some of which even got featured on Techcrunch. Working with a variety of industries including e-commerce, retail, education, manufacturing, tourism, licensing, insurance and healthcare, some of our clients include Apigee acquired by Google, Caratlane funded by Titan, 10i Commerce funded by Nandan Nilekani, GE (General Electric) and Mercedes Benz.
You can contact us here https://www.railsfactory.com/contact_us